Sunday 4 December 2011

DIY Studded Leather Shorts

This morning I used some leftover studs bought from eBay to customize some leatherette shorts from H&M. It's been popular for some time now to customize clothes from slicing up old denim to dip dying second hand shorts. There are also loads of brands re-working clothes and selling them for a premium nowadays and actually it's super easy to do this at home for a fraction of the price.

Firstly, I started off with this leatherette mini shorts from H&M, £14.99 this season. Pleather is fine for shorts as they won't make you all sweaty and uncomfortable like leather pants or jackets!
My studs were from eBay - 50 spikes for £5.99.
And the tools were a sneaky dig in several of S's tool boxes. 

I marked out with a sharp kitchen knife small points where I wanted the spikes to be, then began forcing through the screws from behind the fabric.

 Once they were in place and I was happy with the arrangement I tightened them securely with a screwdriver.
 And it was that easy!




Inspired by a recent trip to Topshop where they stock a cool brand called The Ragged Priest. They have some really edgy pieces and I ended up buying a backless red velvet dress with studded leather straps. To come in an outfit post soon!


1 comment: